Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thing 22

Well, looks like Nings will no longer be part of the Web 2.0 world (at least not the one that education can afford). On May 4th, Ning will announce its new pricing plans, with 'free' not being one of them. That's too bad because this is the first time I had heard of this site and I can see its potential. I just think it needs more marketing and less 'clutter' on its page (I was a bit overwhelmed). Ning looks to be a great way to keep in touch with and connect to educators around the globe! Unlike Facebook or Myspace, the premise is to join particular groups and discuss about your passions, not just befriend a million people and keep up with where they went last night or what mood they're in. Oh well. Maybe this pay restructuring will give them the money they need to revamp, get the word out, and make it free again someday. Until then, unless I trip over buried treasure on my way home from work tomorrow, there are just too many other free online networking for me to pay for a Ning.

No comments:

Post a Comment